.

.

Monday, December 10, 2012

Tiger Butter

I married a large Mormon family with sisters, aunts, cousins that sure know how to cook. Seriously its so good you will be asking who's single so you can attend every family function where we cook. Traditionally all 7 siblings would come down with their kids, and their kids kids and spouses and for a week they would either stay at my mother in laws home, bring their camper or stay at my brother in laws house next door. Generally these week could never come soon enough for me. I always loved the togetherness and time spent with one another. I have 5 cousins on both sides of my family and 1 brother and none of my friends had large families so when we married we eloped and I didn't get to meet all them until a few months later at Thanksgiving. It was quite intimidating but one of my most fave times ever.

Now days with families spread even further apart, finances the way they are we haven't been able to come together like we normally would. But one year...after my father in law died my sister in law Shelia made this fudge...my daughter (age 5 at the time) ate the ENTIRE pan. So when I make this I get the warm fuzzes of remembrance and then the not so warm fuzzes of cleaning up puke from a little girl who ate too much sweet fudge and got a sour stomach.


Tiger Butter
By: Shelia Gift & Janice Aoyama

1pkg White Almond Bark
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 pkg semi sweet chocolate chips

1) Melt Almond Bark, 30 seconds at a time and stir between heating

2) While Bark is melting, line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper or a light dusting of Pam

3) Once Bark is melted, stir in the peanut butter and blend.

4) Place the Chocolate Chips on to melt, follow same routine with 30 second intervals and stirring

5) While Chips are melting, put the Bark & Peanut butter mixture into the lined or sprayed pan

6) Take melted chips and spoon several dollops over the bark & peanut butter mixture. On how much you use is really up to you. I like less chocolate and some like more. When you have placed the amount you want, take a butter knife and swirl. I stop when i get the pattern I want on top. OK or until I quit playing with it!

7) Place in fridge for a few hours to harden, slice and serve.

Enjoy!









sig




No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

Blog Archive