.

.

Monday, December 3, 2012

NKJV Luke 6

In Luke 6 we see Jesus on the sabbath, his disciples are eating from a field of grain and Jesus is questioned why they are eating on the sabbath. Jesus later goes on to do healing on the sabbath and some Pharisees were quite unhappy with Jesus healing the mans hand and went on to discuss what they might do to Jesus. Jesus went on to pick his 12 Apostles. My fav part of Luke so far is Chapter 6 because Jesus lays out the Blessings and Woes of life.

S.O.A.P.

Scripture Honestly too many to pick one!
Luke 6:21 Blessed are you who hunger now, for you will be satisfied, Blessed are you who weep now, for you will laugh.
The second part of that verse is my fav
Luke 6:27-31 Bit I tell you who hear me: Love you enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak , do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Observation
Well its kind of self explanatory, its black & white (or my bibles its lime green and purple), its how we should treat people even if we don't get treated that way from them,.

Application
I love Christmas just dislike the people during this season, i swear everyone looses their heads and goes crazy a little bit. Regardless of how they treat us we need to treat them as Jesus demands us to. We want God's favor and blessings, so we must do as he says. Not just this time of year but every day of the year.Blessed are you who weep now, for you will laugh. I have spent alot of tears the last 30 days for events that have happened in our lives...the promise of laughter again warms my soul. The promise that I will one day be able to smile through the pain and laugh where I once cried. That's a promise I can take to the bank.


Prayer
Dear Lord,

You know me, I am quick to temper and quick to repay. I ask that you help me to not be so quick to temper and to repay and do as you asks. Help me to do unto others as I would wants doneto me. I thank you for the promise of laughter one day. I do laugh but I have been cover come with sadness the past few weeks BUT with you I will one day laugh again. I ask that you protect us Lord and those who put their lives on the line for us every day, for those who come home with "battle rattle" and are now fighting a war inside them self's for peace of mind. I ask that you be with everyone on my prayer list, you know their needs and I ask that you wrap your arms around them. Help me try to be kind and forgive those who have trespassed against me, help me to turn the other cheek. (that ones going to be hard). Ps...I am NOT praying for patience :)

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

Blog Archive