.

.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

NKJV Luke 8

Chapter 8 talks about the works of Jesus as he traveled from town to town, healing people and talking to large crowds.  He raised a dead girl, healed a man with evil spirits and those spirits went into a set of pigs who drowned them self's (at this point the town people asked him to leave, can you believe that?!). Also I believe the favorite children's song "This little light of mine" comes from Jesus's words on lighting your light and hiding in , Verse 16-18

S.O.A.P.

Scripture
Luke 8: 5-8
A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path; it was trampled on and the birds of the air ate it up. Some feel on rock, and when it came up the plants withered because they had no moisture. Other seed fell among thorns, which get up with it and choked the plants. Still other seed fell on good soil, it came up and yield a crop a hundred times more than was sown.

Observation
Luke 8:11-15
This is the meaning of the parable. The seed is the word of God. Those along the path are the ones who hear, and then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts so that they may not believe and be saved. Those on the rock are the ones who receive e the word with joy when they hear it, but have no root. They believe for a while but in the time of testing they fall away.  The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life's worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature. But the seed on good soil strands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it and by persevering produce a good crop.

Application
While reading Chapter 8 I thought it was incredibly cool that the observation to my scripture was found in the word. No miss understanding him there!! We need to be the good soil that the seed falls upon. So that His word may grow in our hearts and produce a good crop

Prayer
Dear Lord,

I ask that you make my heart like the good soil in your parable, I ask that all who hear it will be like the seed in the good soil. I want your word to take root in my heart and flourish. I want to be who you designed me to be and I need you to help me with that.

Amen

sig















No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

Blog Archive