.

.

Monday, December 17, 2012

NKJV Luke 19 & 20

It was hard sending my girls to school today, but I wasn't the only parent giving extra hugs, kisses and i love yous. I am feeling better today, yesterday was the absolute worst! But today I am doing good, a little shaky from the steroids but other than that I  am feeling better or on the mend.

Chapter 19 Finds us with Zacchaeus the tax collector - Zaccheaus was a wee little man and a wee little man was he, he climbed up in the sycamore tree to see what he could see. LOL ok I haven't through of that song in years! So Jesus orders him down from there and Zaccheaus gave half his possessions to the poor and gave back 4 times as much from those he robbed from. Jesus gave him salvation. He has his disciples to go into Jerusalem and find a colt that hasn't been ridden and bring to me. When it was done he rode towards Mount Olive and was greeted with cheers.
Chapter 20 Jesus authority is constantly questioned...his Crucifixion is coming. They are looking for reasons to arrest him and try to trip him up on his words.

S.O.A.P.  --- For Two!

Scripture
Luke 19 : 45-46
Then he enenterd the temple area and began driving out those who are selling.  " It is written," he said to them " my house will be a house of prayer; but you have made it a den of robbers"

Luke 20 : 46-47
Beware of the teachers of the law. They life to walk around in flowing robes and love to be greeted in the marketplaces and have the most important seats in the synagogues and the places of honor at banquets. They devour widows houses and for a show make lengthy prayers. Such men will be punished most severely.

Observation
19  After a speaker at church finishes..he/she then sells. I have always thought that was quite distasteful! I don't know why but I always have, can you not preach the good word for free? Can you not help others with out making a gain your self?

20 First thing I thought of when reading this scripture was our current elected officials. They do all of those things and yet don't help anyone in return.

Application
19 How can I apply this to my life? Well I wont buy from a speaker who speaks at church then asks me to buy on my way out. Sorry but this really annoys me.
20 Pray for our elected officials that God gets a hold of their heart and that they actually fulfill the promises they were elected apon and actually do good for the people of the office they represent.

Prayer

Dear Lord,

I ask that you be with the nation today as we send our kids back to school and be with the family of the shooter and those who lost loved ones. I also ask that you soften the hearts of the elected officials and in hope they follow you and do right by their office. I ask that our churches not be filled with "robbers" as you put it, that Church be what you meant it to be.  I thank you for your faith fullness and love Lord.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

Blog Archive