.

.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

NKJV Luke 16

I just thought I was feeling better. I have a love hate relationship with this time of year, I hate that I am so busy and everything cost so much but I love that its Jesus birthday.

Chapter 16 Finds Jesus talking to his disciples about the evilness of money and how you can only serve one master not two, that money is the root of all evil. He goes on also to discuss adultery and how if you marry a divorced woman you your self are committing adultery. The story of the Rich man & Lazarus and how Lazarus was now in Heaven and the rich man in hell.

S.O.A.P.

Scripture
Luke 16: 10 & 13
10 Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.
13 No Servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and Love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money

Observation
Those who are honest are honest and those who are not are not no matter how big or little you have. Just as 13 say, you cant serve both! Though we all are guilty of trying.

Application
We all have been dishonest at one time in our lives, if we are truly honest here we can admit it. What we want and strive for is to be honest with what ever is given and epically with other peoples property. While we tend to worry about money and how bills will be paid and how we will do this or the other what we really need to be doing is praying that God will provide and having faith and trust in Him. Money is a master, it controls our thoughts and minds but we must give that up and serve only God and trust in him to provide. He will.

Prayer
Dear Lord,
I am just as guilty as the next guy about serving two masters. I try and try not to be and I know that's where the devil is playing his games.  I ask that you help me serve only one master, You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

Blog Archive