.

.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

ADHD & MommyHood.... Its NOT for sissys!

I am exhausted!! Its a 3 day weekend and since we dont medicate on non school days....I feel as though I need a drink! LOL Ok Not really a drink but I am exhausted. ADHD...How about we Celebrate it instead of Ridicule it? I am so tried of getting parenting advice from others who do not know the daily struggels of raising an ADHD child. Yes I know you dont understand, and yes I know you believe you have all the answers and yes I know you think ADHD is a lack of good parenting.... but seriously shut the hell up. I am honestly mad, I mean come on! Get off of it already!! The worst part is...its my own family (not my hubs or other children) who are sayin these things. Yes I realiize you think Medication is a bad option, and you had your chance to voice your opinion 4 years ago when we made that decision. No you dont get rehash it every time you feel like it, No you dont get to tell my child to hide her medication instead of taking it, No you dont get to tell my child not to listen to me. Yet they are mad at me! I have enough challanges durring the day and I dont have time to put up with your narrow mindedness. I didnt judge you when you didnt get your child the braces she so muchly needed and now walks different and is made fun of. I didnt judge you when you didnt get your son medication for his ADD and it took him 6 years to graduate high school only to drop out a month before graduation and get his GED and now i am pretty sure has been on a shallow end of the Austim spectrum all his life. So if I dont judge you....why do you get to judge me. I think my kid is something special and will one day change lives for the better and until that time I am going to do everything humanly possible to see she has the support and help she needs. Dont like it....quit coming to family functions! Yep I am a little mad. This job isnt for Sissys and I am doing the best I can, and I am making decisions that are best for my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

Blog Archive