.

.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Meme's Famous CornBread Dressing

My Meme gave me a cook book she made when I got married, its chopped full of old family recipes, ones she made, my dads fav and of course mine. I treasure this more than the most expensive thing in my home. It was made for me, with love with generations of womens traditons written on those pages. Its living history if you ask me. I love and adore each and every one of them and I feel the love and history when i make one. One in particular is Meme's Cornbread Dressing...a simple fav of mine I use to call her "Famous Dressing" at the end of the recipe she wrote
"Carolyn you said I was famous for my dressing - prehaps I was only famous to you, for you loved my dressing"

My meme has Alztimhers now and yes can still remember me, but to her I am a little girl, who always asked for tea cakes and dressing. Thanksgiving hasnt been the same in many years because she isnt there making the dressing. Sure the dressing is still there, by recipe, but not by her.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I did

3 cups CornBread Crumbs, make cornbread per box instructions and then crumble up
3 cups Biscuit Crumbs - same as above
5 teaspoons of Sage
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp salt
2 cans cream of chicken soup
Chicken or Turkey broth

Combine all ingridients using enough broth to make a moist dressing, sorry no exact measurement listed.
Pour into casserole dish and bake at 400 until tick and browned on the sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

Blog Archive