.

.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Heart in my Thoat

This weekend was well a "raw" one, me and my daughter experienced life and death and how quickly things can change first hand. Both of us took a moment to fully let it sink in, it seemed like a dream (nightmare), it happened so quickly and I felt helpless to change the outcome.


Eeyore... a black and white little buckling that was born here in March died. Me and Chan were doing our worming as scheduled and we gave the goat an animal cracker, he choked. I did everything I could, himlech manuver, trying to dislodge the crackers, physically trying to pull it out, blowing breath into him and anything elses I could think of. I know its a goat but for us farmers its our lively hood, our pets and our lives. Chan refused to give up even after it was evident that he had passed. He tried CPR and then helped me dig a hole. She didnt shed one tear until later that night durring feeding time. I think it was then it finally hit her.

Its easy to explain life, death, birth to farm kids, they know it before most kids do, they experience it when others only hear about it and the live it with others watch from the sidelines.

These goats are chans, they are her pets, projects and her pride and joy. So when one is lost its a great pain and loss to her. She works hard to see to the best of her goats, she feeds them, trains them and watches over them. She loves them and they are who she is.

My heart goes out to Chan today and was in my thoat all weekend, I love you baby girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

Blog Archive