.

.

Monday, December 14, 2015

In Shower Body Lotion/ Wet Skin Lotion

 
Saving time getting ready and saving money is always a must, so companies spend a great amount of time and money trying to save us time and money.
Ironic huh?
 
Well I purchased two products that help with that and moisturize my skin. Two birds one stone kinda thing. Mainly because the commercials make it seem so easy!  Just shower, moisturize and done!
 
In all truth I went to my local big box store to purchase the Nivea one because that's the only commercial I had viewed at that point but upon arriving with my very chatty preteen I had completely forgotten which one I was looking for and purchased the Jergens.
 
Once home my preteen informed me that I had indeed purchased the wrong one, so I said oh well and started using it.  Later in the week I was at my Pharmacy and picked up the Nivea.
 
Before I give my opinion I must state that I have oily skin, but my legs and arms are often dry. I do not like lotion due to the "oily" or greasy feeling that I get when using it. I almost always only use lotion right before bed so I can sleep while its working and I don't have to feel the oiliness of it.
 
Nivea In Shower Body Lotion
Price:  Less than 6.00
How to Use Product: Shower as normal, apply product, then wash off
Warnings : Can leave residue on bottom of tub/shower so a fall risk is possible. Bottle states to wash off bottom of tub after use.
Sticky or Oily Feeling?: YES!!! Oily feeling for sure! I didn't like the way it felt at all.
Final Review:  While my skin felt more moisturized with this product and lasted much longer than the Jergens I don't like the fall risk or oily feeling.  Its a personal thing for me, so this is a product I wouldn't buy again.  I actually gave it to my preteen to use.
 
Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer
Price:  Less than 5.00
How to Use Product: Shower as normal, while still wet apply lotion and towel off
Warnings : Since this product can be used outside of the shower/tub the risk is small
Sticky or Oily Feeling?: NO!
Final Review: While my skin was moisturized, the product did not last as long as Nivea.  Though that's a let down there is no oily feeling, no slip risk its a product I will buy again and use every day. I really like this product
 
So the winner? Jergens!
 
 
I was not paid, asked or solicited to review these products. Its something someone asked me personally and since I felt so passionate about my response I decided to do a blog post.  
 
 
 
 
 
06/15/2016 Update
Its summer time where I live and we have the most awful amount of humidity!
That being said I still stand by my earlier choice of Jergens WetSkin as the best of the two. While Nivea did last longer, in this humid summer heat...it feels horrible on my skin. Jergens goes on and no after feel.
Also I have to say...that Nivea might be great for the winter time dryness,due to it lasting longer. Since I dislike a lot about the product it will be my last resort (personal opinion), for others it may be perfect.
 
6 Months later and my winner is still Jergens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

Blog Archive