.

.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

National Daddy Daughter Date Night

As I write this post...I am crying. Crying because I married the most awesome man alive, I choose the most wonderful man to be my daughters father. I am crying because I am filled with joy, awe, happiness and again awe!

Tonight is National Daddy Daughter Date Night, a national chain restaurant is hosting a special. My hubs hates this restaurant and while he hates it, our daughter like me loves it. The place is shutting down from 5-8 to allow all daddies and daughters a date, tables had pink table clothes, flowers on table and given, special pics and photo frames were given and an hour and half of alone time for our girl to ramble on about all kinds of things. Durring this time with out saying a word he is teaching her what she has to say is important, how a man should act on a date. Holding the door open, letting her order first, not drinking, cell phones, new papers are put away and most importantly...she has his undivided attention.

I think its awesome! She has been so excited for this, and am happy to report...she is on cloud nine. She got precious time with him, that she didn't have to share with the world, she got to tell her about her day with out the phone ringing, livestock needing to be fed or dinner to get on the table. She got to discuss her crush (hopefully...she thinks daddy will be mad) and she will get to discuss anything on her mind. Shes adhd so that could be a wide range of topics!

God created our girl to glorify him, He also created my husband to raise her to feel loved, honored and cherished and how to pick a man who will Glorify God.

It may be daddy daughter night...but its also mommy catch up on her DVR, finish the past 3 pages of her book and chill night.

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

Blog Archive