.

.

Monday, August 12, 2013

S.O.A.P. James 1

Well Since I finished Ruth I thought I would move on to James, I have read James before because I have SEVERAL highlighted verses that spoke to me at one time or another and today that still rings true.

James is not a story like Ruth or Esther but more Gods advice for us...which is very important.

S.O.A.P.

Scripture
1) James 1:12
Blessed is the man who perseveres under trail, because when he has stood the test, he will    receive the crown of live that God has promised to those who love him.

2) James 1:19-20
19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20 because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires.

3) James 1: 26-27
Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless. 27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.



Observation
1) When we rely on God, he will bring us through any storm we may face and come out of it better for it. We must not give up on God during our times of trail.

2) We all struggle with this one, I struggle with this one. I am quick to anger, and quick to fight.  I have a hair trigger heart and temper.

3) This is what an unbelieving word simply finds unbelievable. We acknowledge thee with our lips but turn and run our mouths undoing all we just said and did in church. No religion escapes this.

Application
1) Trust issues...we can have them with God...we shouldn't because he is always faithful but we do. We need to trust him to standby us, weather the storm, guide us and deliver us. Easier said than done...but we must try.

2) I should practice what I preach here!!! I am so guilty of this...especially when it comes to my kids. I am quick to defend them to anyone and yes that makes me a caring mother but I need to teach my child to turn the other cheek

3) Hypocrite- A name we most often hear associated to members of a church or religious group. What people don't understand is...we are sinful just like they are...we sin...and unfortunately this is  one that runs like wildfire through church. I am guilty of this. We all are at one point in our lives or another...but we ask for forgiveness.

Prayer,

Lord,

I come to you tonight with a heavy heart. I ask Prayer for Sandy as she recovers,  Julie as she is in pain and needing healing, my dad who is about to undergo surgery on Thursday and my niece who is a missionary.  I also ask for my self for tomorrow...I am not patient...so let it be your will not mine. 

I ask you to help me trust you more, not by trails or tribulations but by faith alone. You say ask for it and it shall be given to you. I am asking you help me with my trust issues in regards to you and my faith.  I am not slow to anger, I had hoped with growing older that I would be...This area I can work on. I AM NOT ASKING FOR PATIENCE! lol sorry God don't mean to yell...I just know better than to ask for that.  I also ask that you help me be the person you want me to be and help others see Christ in me, especially my daughters Lord. I want it to be in my actions...for they speak louder than words.

I love you and let me live to see the light of another day.

Amen,

Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

Blog Archive