.

.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Once a Month Cooking... Every two weeks...Actually

At half priced books I picked up a cook book called "Once a Month Cooking" it talks about preparing meals every two weeks and placing them in the freezer to be used the day of cooking.

Well it sounded like an awesome idea...so I picked out 10 recipies and decided i would give this a try, I bought all the stuff and got into the kitchen spent two hours and did this. Its really simple you take the chicken recipies and all the supplies needed for them. You place the chicken in the ziplock baggie (after you have labled it, I suggest putting the page number on the bag two or the cooking directions) and all the stuff that makes it yummy, close it up and put it in the freezer and on too the next. Then you do your beef, pork and seafood. So for two hours I did this, prepared 10 nights of meals. I sit down and did the math on time and money being spent and if they turn out good this will be something I look at doing every month, maybe not for the hole month but for a good portion of it.

I made the Beef Pot Roast last night and oh let me tell you....yummo!! I have never made a good pot roast but last nights has become my fav recipe so far...omg it was so freaking good. I think I am going to like this Onece a Month Cooking.

Below are the to the cook books...they are cheap and well worth a try.


http://once-a-monthcooking.com/

Give it a try

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

Blog Archive