.

.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Mud boots & Church

Recently my daughter dressed up all frilly like in a real pretty dress, had a bow in her hair and to top off her church emsamble....her bright green mud boots.

While I was perfectly fine with her wearing them to church my mother hit the roof! She not being much a southern bell sure knows how to "swoon" like one and become extremly dramtic. She was worried about what others would think of her, and that people would think she was poor. WHO CARES!! She kept saying "that not her sunday best", ok we all were OUR best to church on sunday. Who said that was the rule? Who decides "Our Best", is there some Joan Rivers of church atire standing out side of church reporting what is acceptable or not? Is there a best and worst dressed of church member" OUR best is what it is personally to us, if my daughter is perfectly fine in her mud boot and she sees that as HER best, whos to judge?

I dont want my daughter to conform to what socity thinks is best, the latest fashion, what others believe of her. I want her to keep her indenpendt mind, individual personality and "Southern" style. I dont want someone telling her that she isnt beautiful or accepted because choose boots to heels. I dont want her to give up a part of who she is (because shes pretty awesome) to conform to what others think is "best" for church.

To wrap it up, I guess I just wanted to put it out there that my daughter is special, wonderful and ACCEPTABLE for who she is EXACTLY the way she is!! She is my "Redneck Princess" who is 50% Princess & 50% All Country Redneck. With that deadly combo she combines both into her speech, clothes and thoughts. She has the biggest heart and want to save the world....now why in the hell would I want to change any of that? Let her wear her mud boots...I am sure our Heavely Father is ok with it, I mean he did make her to be who she is...and he made her in his own image and gave her her unique sense of style....Who are we to judge?
"The one with out sin cast the first stone"

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

Blog Archive