.

.

Saturday, October 1, 2022

Lavender Oatmeal Bath Soak DIY

It's winter I have itchy skin and no matter how much lotion I apply when I lay down at night I itch!
Recently while scrolling through Pinterest I came across a bath soak that used real dried lavender and oatmeal.

Since I don't have real lavender or access to dried lavender..... I improvised! If you don't know by now I'm quite addicted to essential oils.

I've been a rep with Young Living for almost 2 years. I'll admit I jumped on the bandwagon because it was popular, I spent a few months buying and playing with different essential oils and then about 9 months doing nothing with them. I've decided I spent my well hard earned money on them so  I'm going to put them to use!
Ive got several recipes for EOs and DIY around the house and this one is by far my fav!

Relaxing, moisturizing, cheap to make, and most importantly a recipe that works.

Lavender Oatmeal Bath Soak

1 cup Steel Cut Oats (Or any oatmeal)
1 cup Epsom Salt
20 drops Lavender Essential Oil
1 quart glass Jar
Cute Scoop is Optional :)
(Mine are left over from Formula)

Take oatmeal and place it in a food processor, magic bullet, or emulsion blender grind until powdery smooth. Will not take long. I did mine in the single serve Cup that fits on my Ninja Blender.

Once oatmeal is ground place in 2 quart glass jar, add the epson salt and lavender essential oil. Put lid on and Shake to mix well, I did mine half and half when mixing. Example I put half the salt oats and oil in the jar gave it a good shake and then added the rest.

Because of Essential Oils will eat certain plastics you will want to keep the soak in a glass jar, you will also want to keep it out of direct sunlight.

Let sit 24hrs, When ready add two tablespoons to your bath water and enjoy! I found this help my sleep, itchy skin and temperament if I use this at night before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

Blog Archive