.

.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I finally freaking started it!

After much delay I finally started reading Gone with the Wind, I am very much suprised how much like the move it is! I absolutly love the movie and I have fallen head over heels with the book. Its 30 something chapters and 1,258 pages....I LOVE IT.

I am currently half way through chapter 3, and in the movie that would have been the first ummm... 15 mins! The author is so detailed that while it may not seem like it in the movie its there all of it all of the details and words...I am going to love it.

I am reading 3 Chapters a day...or more if I feel like it. I should be done with it in two weeks. Then its on to Scarlett.

Being a strong southern woman coming from a family with strong souther ties and traditions its so hard for me to look at a yankee and not feel anger for that they did to the south. They not only took the south down it brung us to our knees and destroyed us so much that there was no way we could ever rise again, and then the carpet baggers came in raised taxes so high that us southerns had to pay up or leave. Most left...those that surived the war. They stole from us, raped and killed our women and children...how can a nation that is so great do that to its own kind?? But then again its no different from today, you have those who truely need assistance from the goverment and cannot get it because they are not the right color or from a certian back ground. My friend a single mom of 3 with a dead beat ex-husband who does not pay child support cant even get good health insurance for her children. They say she makes too much, when she is hardly meeting the bills. She cant even get food stamps...they gave her 11.00 a month, but there are those who get well fair, food stamps and TANIF, and medicade who are living high on the hog? Explain that to me.... somebody please.

I will get off my soap box, I love history and discovering my heritage from my ancestors. I am a very proud Southern Italian Woman who is not afraid to love her past and the ancestors who faught in the Civil War for the Confiderates and the one who died in a Yankee POW camp in Virginia. He died from the torchre the yankees gave him. I am a pround memeber of the United Daughters of the Confideracy. I promise my next post wont be so preachy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

Blog Archive