.

.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Grandaddy

My grandfather passed away today. He was diagnosed with terminal stage 4 thoat cancer in April, was only given two weeks. I saw most of his life Grandaddy beat the odds on just about everything. He was suffering and while we all know it was for the best it and hes with God now...it still is painful.

Recently I have been reading my grandfather diaries from 1944, he was appox 17-18 years old and most of the stuff is mundane but some really gives an insite into his life, thoughts or feelings.

Everyday (or almost every day) I am going to post some inserts from his diary until the last one in 1947. Seems fitting, he wrote these to leave a record and now someone gets to read that record. People never truely die...for they live on in our hearts, memories and history. As long as you remeber them....they are always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

Blog Archive